Performance Criteria Mapping
Establish risk context
Select and implement treatments
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
2.1, 2.2, 2.3
3.1, 3.2, 3.3
4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6
This assessment is designed to gather evidence of your competence in regard to the elements and performance criteria in the unit of competence BSBRSK401A Identify risk and apply risk management processes
. Specifically, you must provide evidence of the following:
· identification, analysis and evaluation of risks
· demonstrated understanding of personal role in relation to wider organisational or project context
· demonstrated understanding of risk management processes and procedures
Part A - “Identify and evaluate risks” phase:
You may base your submission for this Assessment Activity on either your workplace or a case study that you have accessed from printed or electronic sources. You are to prepare a report of approximately 1,500 words where you address the following:
· A brief introduction to the organisation, department or workgroup that is the basis for your report
· Identify the context of intended risk management and your own role and responsibilities. (Need to refer to operations, key elements of operations, vital resources, capabilities, links to the organisation/other projects.)
· Identify relevant documentation relating to Australian and international standards for risk management
· Describe how research and data collection skills were used to identify risks
· Describe how knowledge of relevant legislation has helped to identify risks to manage in the organisation
· Identify how organisational policies and procedures relate to risk management strategies in the organisation
· Information on relevant auditing requirements relating to risk management for this organisation
· Use relevant tools and document risks relating to a specific job role in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
· Evaluate risks in consultation with relevant stakeholders (Include a table categorise and rank the likelihood and level of risk occurring and the consequence if the risk occurs)
o You should attach any templates or forms that you completed as part of your risk assessment as attachments to your completed report.
Part B “Plan for Treatment of Risks” phase:
You are to prepare a report based on the referred risks identified in Part A, and provide details how to control the risks according to organisational guidelines. Your report should:
· Identify and document appropriate control measures using the hierarchy of controls, and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of identified measures
· Document how control measures will be put into practice for your own area of responsibility
· Develop and implement risk treatment plans based on identified control measures.
· Describe the process you recommend for ensuring the regular review of plans implemented to control risk and to measure outcomes.
Your completed report should be in a format appropriate for submission to a senior manager. Your completed report should be no more than 1,500 words. Please include appropriate diagrams and charts to support your recommendations.